MULTIPLYJesus did not leave his followers behind without any marching orders, wondering what they were supposed to accomplish until he returned...
The Plan For Church Multiplication
At the congregational meeting on June 19, 2018, we overwhelmingly affirmed the plan for church multiplication. In order to fulfil the vision for multiplying healthy churches both locally and globally, we need everyone to be involved.
We all have a variety of talents which are to be used to build up the church and glorify God. When some withhold their talents, the entire church suffers. Whether you attend in Abbotsford, Mission or Tri-City, whether your skills are hospitality, teaching, technical, music, cooking, or whatever, we urge you to play your part in the team.
We believe the Lord loves his bride, the church and believe that God’s heart is for healthy disciples to be made in healthy local churches. However, we cannot possibly do this work apart from His empowering grace. We must pray for the Holy Spirit to move people towards Christ. We need to pray for God to raise up faithful and skilled workers who will lead these churches. We need to pray for wisdom and discernment as we move forward. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all we can ask or imagine.
Global Prayer Requests
- Praise God for the many pastors who have been trained through the Changed Life Center and are taking the gospel to unreached areas along the Mekong River.
- Pray for the national leaders for Turkey and N India as they make plans to establish training centers in their countries.
- Pray for God to raise up more people who are willing to take on the work of planting churches in unreached areas.
Local Prayer Requests
- Pray for East Abbotsford as they continue to prepare for the official launch Sunday, October 7th.
- Pray for TriCity Church as they have now started a third service Sunday mornings. For continued growth as people are connected and growing through community groups.
- Pray for Mission campus. A continued witness in the city of Mission.
- Pray for connections being made through Mission Kids and Mission Kitchen.
- Pray for Downes Road. For people willing to serve as we replace those who have gone to plant East Abbotsford.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for the leaders.
- Pray for opportunities to plant additional churches in areas that are growing, like Langley and Maple Ridge.
- Pray for Immerse students who are being trained for leadership in the local church.
The reality is that church planting costs money. Our goal over the next 10 years is to raise $30M to be spread between our Downes Road campus, Local Church planting and Global Church planting.
Worship Center Downes Road
Construction start May, 2019
5 church plants over 10 years.
East Abbotsford September launch.
Others to follow
Northview has partnered with MMF and MB Mission in their outreach to Northern India for the past three years. In that time, there have been 27 house churches established. We anticipate planting a further 160 churches over the next 5 years.
Turkey is one of the least reached countries in the world. Northview has supported missionaries in Turkey for the last five years. In that time, four churches have been established. As we support the continued training of leaders and outreach efforts, we hope to see an additional 10 churches planted over the next 5 years.
Five Characteristics of Godly Giving
You do know that whenever we talk in church about money, this is essentially what happens. I frequently see people nod, “Yeah that’s true, look it’s in the Bible – we read it. Mmm that’s true.” And then often we don’t do anything about it. It’s just a mental agreement. It’s more than just a good idea. One of the great temptations as we sit there and fold our arms and say “Yes, that’s absolutely true um for that guy over there, have you seen the size of his house?” This isn’t about him and his house, it’s about you, it’s about me! It’s more than just a good idea.