MULTIPLYJesus did not leave his followers behind without any marching orders, wondering what they were supposed to accomplish until he returned...
The Plan For Church Multiplication
At the congregational meeting on June 19, 2018, we overwhelmingly affirmed the plan for church multiplication. In order to fulfil the vision for multiplying healthy churches both locally and globally, we need everyone to be involved.
We all have a variety of talents which are to be used to build up the church and glorify God. When some withhold their talents, the entire church suffers. Whether you attend in Abbotsford, Mission or Tri-City, whether your skills are hospitality, teaching, technical, music, cooking, or whatever, we urge you to play your part in the team.
We believe the Lord loves his bride, the church and believe that God’s heart is for healthy disciples to be made in healthy local churches. However, we cannot possibly do this work apart from His empowering grace. We must pray for the Holy Spirit to move people towards Christ. We need to pray for God to raise up faithful and skilled workers who will lead these churches. We need to pray for wisdom and discernment as we move forward. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all we can ask or imagine.
Global Prayer Requests
- Please pray for the over 1500 youth that attended camps in 7 different locations throughout the region in the month of April. Pray for 40+ that were baptized and for many more that were impacted by the gospel. Pray for God to continue to work in their lives.
- Pray for the Women of Faith conference we will host at the Changed Life Center in Thailand at the end of May. Pray for the leaders and attendees to experience the truth and grace of God in life changing ways.
- Pray for Phonekeo and Bob as they return to Thailand at the end of May. Pray for PK as he adjusts to life without his wife next to him, and for wisdom as decisions are being made regarding the direction of the growing ministry in the region.
- Pray for the DTS students who now on mission outreach. Pray they would experience the power of God in ministry and be more equipped for ministry.
- Pray for John Sankara Rao as he oversees the growing ministry of Church planters and Pastors in training.
- Pray for the schools that are reaching slum children. Pray for effective evangelism through the social services that are being provided.
Pray for all the new church planters as they reach into unreached villages and communities with the love of God.
Pray for safety for the many new believers who face persecution from their families and community.
We are starting to see a need for new leaders to carry some of the ministry pressure. Please pray that God would bring some new, strong leaders to the team. The harvest is ready, but the workers are few.
- Pray that H and E would have the strength to continue leading the team. There are many demands on their time, but are so valuable to the work happening in Central Asia.
- We continue to pray for workers being mobilized in North America to join the team on the ground. We pray that God would open partnerships in North America, but also for a long term visa option for families trying to move to Central Asia.
Local Prayer Requests
- East Abbotsford Campus: Pray for all the visitors who came on Easter Sunday, that the Father would draw them to His Son by His Spirit. Pray that the Holy Spirit would give the leadership wisdom as they discern and brainstorm future ministry plans. Pray that our campus would be known as a place of hospitality and belonging so that people can come to know and grow in Christ. Pray that our campus would be marked by a culture of expressing our needs and joys to our Father in prayer
- TriCity Church:
- Youth Campout happening at Cultus Lake May 24-26. For safety for all the youth, and a good time of connecting with one another, and spending time connected in God’s word. May the youth be emboldened to invite friends who are not believers.
- Kids Club at the end of May. For the neighbourhood children to come to the event, and that their hearts are softened in anticipation of hearing about Jesus.
- We have had lots of people from the neighbourhood come and check the church out. May God continue to work in the TriCities and lead people to Him, whether it’s through our church or another Gospel-based church in the area.
- Mission campus: Pray for a continued witness in the city of Mission. Pray for connections being made through Mission Kids and Mission Kitchen.
- Downes Road Campus: Pray for people willing to serve as we replace those who have gone to plant East Abbotsford.
- All Campuses: Pray for wisdom and discernment for the leaders. Pray for opportunities to plant additional churches in areas that are growing, like Langley and Maple Ridge. Pray for Immerse students who are being trained for leadership in the local church.
The reality is that church planting costs money. Our goal over the next 10 years is to raise $30M to be spread between our Downes Road campus, Local Church planting and Global Church planting.
Worship Center Downes Road
Construction start May, 2019
5 church plants over 10 years.
East Abbotsford September launch.
Others to follow
Northview has partnered with MMF and MB Mission in their outreach to Northern India for the past three years. In that time, there have been 27 house churches established. We anticipate planting a further 160 churches over the next 5 years.
Turkey is one of the least reached countries in the world. Northview has supported missionaries in Turkey for the last five years. In that time, four churches have been established. As we support the continued training of leaders and outreach efforts, we hope to see an additional 10 churches planted over the next 5 years.
Five Characteristics of Godly Giving
You do know that whenever we talk in church about money, this is essentially what happens. I frequently see people nod, “Yeah that’s true, look it’s in the Bible – we read it. Mmm that’s true.” And then often we don’t do anything about it. It’s just a mental agreement. It’s more than just a good idea. One of the great temptations as we sit there and fold our arms and say “Yes, that’s absolutely true um for that guy over there, have you seen the size of his house?” This isn’t about him and his house, it’s about you, it’s about me! It’s more than just a good idea.